A Hindu fringe group has demanded Kamal Haasan’s arrest for hosting Bigg Boss Tamil. Hindu Makkal Katchi party has cited that the show is against Tamil culture and also against the cultural value of India. The same group had filed a PIL after the actor’s comment on the epic, Mahabharata.
Bigg Boss Tamil is in its third week, and so far the show has been doing well. While there are negative comments and observations from audience, it has only added to the buzz of the show that it is being hosted by none other than Ulaganayagan Kamal Haasan. While Anuya and Ganja Karuppu have been evicted from the house in the first two weeks of the show, Hindu Makkal Katchi now demands that the host of the show be arrested. A complaint has been filed by the nationalist Hindu party in Tamil Nadu which cited that the show is against Tamil culture.
The complaint was filed with the Chennai Police Commissioner. In an interview with India Today, Chakrapani Maharaj of Hindu Mahasabha said, “Things shown in Bigg Boss are against the cultural value of India and no one who supports Indian culture will support this show. Earlier also Kamal Haasan has spoken against Mahabharat and Hindu culture, and we are sure that in future he will again speak something through this show that will hurt Hindu sentiments.”
Kamal, who appears on the show twice a week, specifically on the weekend episode has been taking potshots at the society and government in general indirectly through sarcastic remarks on his show. He had, in fact, answered to the many allegations that the show is against Tamil culture by explaining that according to him, the show is a social experiment. He had also said that he accepted to be a part of the show only because he thought that this would benefit people.
This complaint against the popular actor comes after he courted controversy by commenting about the epic, Mahabharata. He had said, “In Mahabharata, Panchali was used as a pawn while the men gambled. She was used as a collateral. And India is a country that respects and honours a book that revolves around men using a woman to gamble away as if she was a mere object.” As a result, a PIL was filed against him for derogatory remarks by the same fringe group.
Prominent Malayalam actor Dileep was arrested on Monday in connection with the conspiracy behind the case pertaining to the abduction and sexual assault of a leading actress in February this year. Last week, the police had questioned Dileep and film director Nadirsha for 13 hours in connection with the probe. Subsequently, police had raided a business premises of his wife Kavya Madhavan.
The police said they took Dileep into custody on Monday morning and his arrest was recorded in the evening. Conspiracy behind the attack was hatched several years back and it was in the second attempt that the actress was attacked in the late night of February 19 in a moving car near Kochi.
The police had charge-sheeted the supari gang, which had attacked the actress, in April this year. Last month, the police reopened the conspiracy behind the attack following the expose of a letter purportedly written by the gang leader Sunil Kumar alias Pulsar Suni to Dileep seeking financial aid. In the meantime, Dileep too had complained to police that he was being blackmailed by Sunil Kumar seeking money.
During the probe into the conspiracy, Dileep had maintained that he was not linked to the attack on the actress. The Association of Malayalam Movies Artists (AMMA) had rally behind the beleaguered actor, who is a leading actor in the film industry.
Ever since Baahubali: The Beginning and Baahubali: The Conclusion have released, Prabhas have become a nation-wide sensation, who has won the hearts of the young and the old alike.
However, the southern star who is now all set to wow the audiences in his upcoming film Saaho is extremely grounded and grateful to his director and fans.
Here’s are ten interesting facts about Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati, yeah that is his birth name
1) While most actors these days deliver 2-3 films a year, Prabhas believes in working on one film at a time. He shot for nearly 600 days and dedicated 5 years for Baahubali franchise.
2) It is reported that after seeing the frenzy around him in Baahubali, many Bollywood filmmakers are keen to make a film with him. While we don’t know if Prabhas would agree to do a Bollywood film, we certainly know that if director Rajkumar Hirani approaches him, he is sure to say yes. Why? Because Prabhas is a huge fan of Rajkumar Hirani. He stated in an interview “My favorite filmmaker is Raju Hirani. I have loved all his films. I can watch Munna Bhai MBBS 100 times, I can watch Lage Raho…100 times, I can watch 3 Idiots 100 times.”
3) The actor was on a strict diet for Baahubali as he needed to gain 22 kgs for his role. He used to eat 40 boiled eggs every day along with following a rigorous training session. Now post the release of the film, Prabhas has decided not to diet for a month.
4) The all-muscle transformation was not easy though. He had to set up a gym at his home at a cost of Rs 1.5 Crore.
5) His favourite co-star is Anushka Shetty, the talented actress played his love interest Devasena in Baahubali: The Conclusion. “Anushka Shetty is very close to me. we have done films together. I even know her family well,” said Prabhas in an interview.
6) For Prabhas playing the character of Sivudu was easy as he was carefree and lively. On the other hand, portraying Amarendra Baahubali was tough for the actor. “I had to alter my look and physique over a period of four years to juggle between these two roles,” revealed Prabhas.
7) Prabhas is a nature lover and loves to spend his free time traveling. He even has a garden in his house with many birds.
8) Prabhas has always been very fond of superheroes, his most favorite being He-Man and Super-Man.
9) The actor let go of brand endorsements worth Rs. 18 crore that came his way during the filming of Baahubali. Director SS Rajamouli said, “Prabhas had three consecutive hits and producers kept running after him with money but he only focused on Baahubali.”
10) Prabhas is a voracious read and has a huge library in his house.
Tamil Nadu theatre owners on Thursday have called off their indefinite shutdown over double taxation after the state government agreed to set up a committee to study the issue, say reports. While more than 1,000 cinemas in the state have been shut since Monday, movie shows are expected resume on Thursday evening. The theatre owners alleged that the state tax of 30% on tickets on top of GST of 28% will deter cinema-goers and encourage piracy.
South Indian Actor Vijay reportedly raised his voice in support of the farmer’s welfare. Speaking at Behindwoods Gold Medals 2017, Vijay said: “It is mandatory for us to address the problems of our farmers.” He also stated that it is sad to watch rice producing farmers to stand outside the ration shops to procure rice. Battering the Indian government, Vijay said: “the government should first address the concern of its farmers before becoming a superpower.”
A photo of director Atlee from the shooting spot of Mersal was spotted on the social media some time back. Atlee was seen with a family, but that is not what this news is all about. If you zoom the photo and check the posters in the backdrop, you can see Vijay posing in front of a podium with multiple flags at the backdrop.
The poster suggests Vijay is giving a speech and comedian Motta Rajendran is also seen in the same poster. Looks like Thalapathy Vijay might play a role of a politician in Mersal or it might just end as our imagination, but we will have to wait for some more time to know if it is true.
The song has now garnered 4 million views on YouTube. It was streamed first through another digital live streaming platform, and it has already created some records for streaming. Vivegam is trending since morning for Surviva’s new milestone